Delete Instagram Account
Do you want to delete your Instagram account permanently? If yes then you should keep reading this blog to the end.
In this era of technology, it is nearly impossible to leave social media. Because all of your friends, family, and your favorite celebrities are on social media apps like Instagram. But there always comes a time when you are fed up with social media. You want to take a rest from it or maybe leave it forever.
Whether you are going to delete your Instagram account for some problem in your account or to isolate yourself from the social media world, this blog is going to be useful for you!
Because in this blog we have shared the way to delete an Instagram account permanently. So if you are interested, you should keep on reading!
Save Your Data Before Deletion
Before you delete your Instagram account, you need to take precautionary measures. By that I mean you should save your data before you delete your account.
You should save your chats and your account posts so that you don’t lose them with your account. If you don’t know how to save data from Instagram, you can follow the given steps:
- Open your Instagram account and click on your profile in the right corner of your screen.
- Now you have to open Settings, you can do this by clicking on the three-dot menu located at the top right corner of your screen.
- In the settings, you will see many options, look for Security in Settings. Go to the Security settings and click on the Download Data option.
- Now, they will require your email address for further processing. Give them your email and request a download.
Make sure that the email you add is your email because Instagram will send your data to that email address. This typically takes around 24-48 hours to process. You can download the file that Instagram will send you in your email.
That file will contain all data from your account including your videos, photos, chats, and even your comments. You can keep them for later use.
Delete Instagram Account Permanently
Now, once you have downloaded your crucial data from Instagram your account is ready to delete permanently. Make sure to follow the given steps properly to delete your account permanently.
- For permanent deletion of an account, you need to open your web browser. Because Instagram doesn’t allow this on applications. So you can visit this Delete Your Instagram Account link.
- Login to your account if you’re not already logged in.
- Now you will see options, firstly you have to select the reason for your account deletion. Click on the reason menu and select your suitable reason.
Now, you can click on the Delete button to delete your account permanently.
How to Delete/Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily?
If you are someone who wants to take a break from social media life and you are looking for a solution then you should deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
Your account will be saved but not public. You can activate the account later whenever you wish. Many people do this when they need a break from Instagram. Perhaps, you can do this too.
Follow the given instructions to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
- Visit the Instagram page on your web browser. You can not deactivate your account on the application.
- Login to your account. Then go to your profile by clicking on the profile icon. Once you have selected your profile, click on the Edit Profile option.
- Now, look for the Temporarily Disable Account option. You can scroll down and click on this option.
- Then Instagram will ask you why you are disabling your account. You can select a reason from the reason menu. You can select your suitable reason.
- Now Instagram will require your account password for security reasons. Enter your password. Lastly, click on the Temporarily Disable Account option.
Once your account is disabled, you can take a rest from Instagram. Don’t worry about your account, you can enable your account whenever you want later.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some frequently asked questions about Instagram Account Deletion.
How do I delete my Instagram account permanently from my phone?
If you want to delete your Instagram account permanently using a phone then you need to open your browser. Because you can not do it from the mobile application. You can log in to your account and click on your profile icon and then go to Settings>Security> Delete account.
Can you temporarily delete Instagram?
Yes, you can temporarily disable or deactivate your Instagram. You can do this on your web browser. Go to your Instagram account then click on your profile icon then click on the Edit Profile option. Scroll down and Disable the Account Temporarily.
How long can you deactivate Instagram?
There is no time limit on the deactivation of your Instagram account. It depends on you, you can disable it for as long as you want.
How do you know if someone has deleted their Instagram?
If you want to find out that someone has deleted their Instagram account then search for their username and click on their account. If the account says “This page is no longer available” then they have deleted their Instagram account.
Can I reactivate my Instagram account after I delete it?
If you have permanently deleted your Instagram account then there is no way to restore it. But you can still contact Instagram support and tell them that your account got hacked, they might help you.
At some point, we all get fed up with social media. Some people might leave it forever but others might take a small break. You can delete your Instagram account permanently or disable Instagram account temporarily depending on your situation.
We have shared a small guide to permanently deleting an Instagram account and also to deactivate it temporarily. You can check it out above!
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the founder and owner of Games Emulator, a leading gaming site. With over 7 years of experience in the tech industry, Mustafa aims to provide honest, in-depth analysis and insights on the latest games.
A self-proclaimed “tech geek,” Mustafa first developed a passion for technology as a computer science student at the Hi-Tech Institute of Engineering & Technology. After graduation, he worked at several top tech firms leading product development teams and honing his skills as both an engineer and innovator. However, he always dreamed of having a platform to share his perspectives on the gaming world.