Can I use my office PC at home?
“I need to access my PC in the office and use it at home as I don’t want to stay late at the office. I heard that Windows Remote Desktop can do me a favor with port forward, which is difficult for me. Can I access and control the PC without complicated settings?”
[Detailed steps] How to control a PC remotely from another PC
Apart from using an office PC for remote work, you can also choose to set up a remote desktop connection when you need to offer your users technical support. To control a computer from another PC from different locations (on the same LAN or in different networks), reliable and professional remote desktop software is necessary. AnyViewer is qualified to control a PC remotely from another PC securely, easily, and quickly. Its highlights are listed below:
- Security is ensured: The remote connection session is end-to-end encrypted by the ECC algorithm, preventing data leakage.
- Operation is ultra-simple: AnyViewer has an intuitive & user-friendly interface and considerate user manual, enabling users to use it without any obstacle.
- Connection way is flexible: You can achieve one-click remote access, unattended access with a security code, or attended access by sending remote requests, specially designed for various scenarios.
- File transfer is supported: It supports you to transfer files from the remote desktop to the local PC or from the remote one to the local one within a remote session or start file transfer directly without running a remote session.
What’s more, it is featured with a Chat function, shortcuts to Task Manager, CMD, etc., a resolution change function, and so on. If there is no computer at your hand and you need to access a remote PC urgently, it enables you to control a computer from a mobile device like iPhone or Android.
Read More: Visual Boy Advance Download- Best In 2022
Now, download the free remote desktop software and see how to control the PC from another PC via it under different cases. If you don’t know how to set up the app, your company’s managed IT providers will most likely be open to help if this is office related. Otherwise, make sure to follow the below tips.
System requirement for Windows: All editions (Standard, Home, Professional, Enterprise, and so on) of Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2.
Case 1. Access your computer regularly for remote work
Step 1. Install and fire up the tool on both PCs.
Step 2. Create an AnyViewer account and log into it on both devices.
Step 3. On the computer where you start remote access, go to Device.
Step 4. Click the computer that you want to control and click Remote control.
Note: There are other 5 options for you to choose from:
- View the screen: View the screen of the remote computer without controlling its keyboard and mouse.
- File Transfer: To start file transfer between the remote computer and the local computer.
- Lock: To lock the remote computer
- Properties: To view the properties including Device Name, Device ID, etc. of the remote PC.
- Other: To reboot or shut down the remote computer.
Then, you can see the desktop of the remote computer and use the remote PC from your local one.
Case 2. Control your user’s PC for remote assistance
Step 1. Install and fire up AnyViewer on your PC and your user’s PC.
Step 2. On your PC, create an AnyViewer account and log in to it.
Step 3. Tell your user to send the device ID of the remote PC to you, which is displayed on the Connect interface.
Step 4. On your PC, go to Connect, input the device ID of the remote computer, choose Remote control and click Connect.
Step 5. On the pop-up window, choose the first one if your user didn’t tell you the security code of the remote computer.
Step 6. Then, your user will receive a remote control request. Allow should be clicked; otherwise, you won’t be able to access your user’s computer.
- If the user only wants to share the screen with you, he/she can uncheck Allow to this mouse and keyboard.
- If you need to offer remote assistance but your user isn’t sitting in front of the remote computer, your user can send you a temporary security code.
From this post, you can know how to control a PC remotely from another PC. Whether you want to control your computer regularly or offer remote assistance, AnyViewer doesn’t let you down.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder and CEO of Games Emulators and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.