How To Fix GTA V Keeps Crashing?
In the GTA series, GTA V is the most liked game. It is because of the graphics, cars, and other things that were added. The map is bigger and there are new characters as well. But unlike before, people now prefer playing these games on their PC. When you play a game on PC you have to take care of a lot of things like graphic cards, system requirements, and a bunch of other stuff. Because the hardware is entirely different from the console.
Recently, many players were complaining about the GTA 5 game crashing for no apparent reason. So we thought why not help you with it? And that’s why we have created this blog. We are going to discuss the best ways to fix GTA V crashing issue. So if you are also facing this issue, then you should keep reading the blog.
Reasons for GTA V Crashing Problem
There are many reasons for the GTA V crashing issue. These are the most common ones:
- Crashing due to outdated game.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers and OS can also lead to problems.
- Not giving enough permissions.
- If there is less RAM for the game then you will face problems.
- Corrupted or missing game files can also lead to random crashes.
Best Ways to Fix GTA V Crashing Issue
If you know the reason for the error in your case then you should move to that particular solution. But if you have no idea why your game is crashing then follow the given solutions one by one. These solutions have worked for many players dealing with the same situation. So follow them properly.
1. Update the Game
The first and the most basic thing that you need to check is if any new version of the game is available. Most of the time the problem is not with your system or internet, it happens because of using an outdated game version. So go check if there are new updates available. If there is a new version then install it and then check for the error.
2. Update Graphics Driver
After the game, The next thing that you need to check is your Graphics Drivers. People ignore graphics drivers but they play a vital role in PC gaming. Especially with games like GTA 5, you need to have updated graphics drivers. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to your Device Manager.
- Then open it and move to the Device Adapters.
- Now you will see all the drivers on your PC. Look for the graphics drivers.
- Once you have located the graphics driver, click on it and then select Update. Then update the drivers and restart your PC.
- Run the game and check for the error.
Also Read: 10 Best Zero MB Games For Android
3. Disable Windows Firewall
When applications don’t have complete authorization it is difficult to run them properly. Your system blocks their work and you end up seeing crashes and bugs. So this might be the case with you. To confirm this you have to disable your Windows firewall and antivirus program.
- From your desktop menu Search for Security.
- After that, look for Windows Firewall.
- Click on it and disable it for some time.
- Once you have disabled it run the game and check if the error continues to show up.
- Once you have cleared your doubt turn on the Firewall back again.
4. Adjust Graphics Settings
The next solution to fix GTA V crashing issue is to adjust graphics settings. If you are running your game on higher graphics then there is a high chance that it will keep on crashing. It is because your system might not be capable of running the game on high settings. Sometimes it also happens with high-end devices. So the best option is to run the game in lower settings.
You can follow these steps to change the graphics settings:
- Open the GTA 5 game and go to the game settings.
- Now look for Graphics and click on it.
- Now adjust all the graphics settings to normal. You will see Texture, Shader, Shadow, Grass, and Reflections. Turn all of them to normal.
- Lastly, save the settings and open the game again to check the crashing issue. It should fix after this. But if it doesn’t move to the next solution.
5. Set GTA V to High Priority
If you are still facing the crashes then you should check if your RAM settings are alright. There might be some applications that have taken up all the space and that’s why you are unable to run GTA V properly.
- Go to your Windows menu and search for Task Manager. Open it and head to the first tab (the Processes tab).
- After that, right-click on GTA 5 and click on “Go to Details“.
- After that click on Set Priority and set it to High. This will make sure that when GTA V is running it gets enough space.
6. Verify Game Files Integrity
If you are facing a crashing issue due to corrupted and missing game files then you need to fix them. You can do this by verifying game file integrity. If you don’t know how to do it follow these steps:
• Go to Steam and head to the Library section.
• Then right-click on GTA V and select Properties.
• After that, head to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Files option.
• This will scan for files and fix them as well.
GTA V is an amazing game to kill time and have fun. Nobody likes it when your fun is ruined and your game starts to crash. Many players reported that their GTA V keeps crashing. But no need to worry more, we have shared the best solutions to fix the GTA V crashing issue. You can follow these solutions to get the best results.